As the Shared Owner you are responsible for the insurance of your home to its full reinstatement value.

The insurance must be arranged in the joint names of the shared owner and Rural Housing Trust Ltd and a copy of the annual certificate of insurance either sent to RHTL at 54 Weymouth Street London W1G 6NU or emailed to

RHTL has negotiated favourable terms for building insurance with Arthur J Gallagher Limited. We do not receive any commission from this insurance broker so all savings are passed directly to shared owners.  To take advantage of this scheme, and to automatically comply with the noting of Rural Housing Trust Ltd on the building policy, please contact the team at Arthur J Gallagher for a quote with reference RHT.

Telephone: 01243 793791


Post: Property Dept – RHT, Arthur J Gallagher, Metro House, Northgate, Chichester, West Sussex, PO19 1BE